With the holidays fast approaching, so is the time for reunion. Because Christmas is also the time to go back home and gather with those we can sometimes only see once a year!
In order to receive them and offer them the very best for their stay, there's no end of ideas! So, what if one of these ideas was your Christmas guest room? It’s not the first thing that comes to mind, but it’s not always nice to sleep far from home and not get a good night’s sleep… Except for pyjama parties with friends, but it seems like sleepovers are a thing of the past!
And so, here are some tips for creating a perfect Christmas guest room to make your guests feel at home! We wouldn’t be surprised if they wanted to be your guest every year. 😉
1. How to Decorate Your Christmas Guest Bedroom for Christmas: 3Easy Deco Ideas
A Christmas-themed bedroom is a good way to surprise and immerse them instantly in the magic of Christmas!
Of course, there's no need to cover the whole room in tinsel and multicoloured Xmas baubles! A simple candy cane on their pillow, a few candles and some festive and natural decorations will be more than enough to make them feel welcome!
Here are 3 easy decorative ideas with a little bit of fir!
Why not cut off a hidden branch from your Christmas tree and make it a key element of your Christmas guest room decoration? Decorative ideas are countless, but here are the top three that you can easily and quickly achieve.
1. Convert the fir branch into a decorative element above your headboard
2. Dress your furniture with a mix of candles and fir branches
3. Put the fir branch in a vase or a Mason jar: guaranteed effect!
Remember, even if it doesn’t seem like much, it’s these little touches that your guests will remember the most!
2. Clear Your Christmas Guest Room/Storeroom That Deserves a Little Love
Do you know the Marie Kondo method to decluttering? If not, we advise you to inquire about it for a harmonious clutter-free home!
Depending on the length of their stay in your Christmas guest room, moving your personal effects could be a good idea! Just a subtle message for those who, like us, have converted their guest room into a storage room or an ironing room!
Like any secondary room, the guest room is often neglected! We advise you to take the opportunity to make an early spring clean, so that your guests do not have the impression of invading your space!
Whether they are with you for a short or long stay, your guests will appreciate the gesture!
3. Give Them the Comfort of a Cozy Bed!
This might sound like a cliché, but nobody likes sleeping on a futon (even if we do not dare say it out loud!). The creaking that wakes us up in the middle of the night, the feeling of the springs through the fabric… yuck!
A good way to receive your guests is to make sure your Christmas guest bedroom is equipped with a good mattress and comfortable pillows. Whether they stay a day or more, the last thing you want is for them to wake up with back pains! Besides the mattress, also include a bedspread and blankets to curl up in!
4. Make an Essentials Basket
There’s nothing more bothersome than having to ask for a dry towel or where to find the toothpaste when we are a guest. To make your guests feel at home, prepare a basket with the essentials:
- Toothpaste, tissues and a few bottles of water. This way, if they get thirsty during the night, they won’t have to drink tap water to quench their thirst.
- Leave a few towels and washcloths on their bed: it will make them feel they are at a hotel!
- You can also put a few snacks in their basket. This way, if they have a small craving, they will not have to wait for you to wake up to offer them something to nibble!
Now, that’s what we call receiving! After putting into practice all these tips, just be careful that your guests do not become your new roommates! 😉